Thursday, September 25, 2008

Are you going to Twestival tonight?

image

Well I am. And it's looking like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a social butterfly at times and would go to the opening of an envelope if there were enough interesting people there. But this one really does look like an interesting concept.

If you haven't heard of it, then it's probably because you're not on Twitter. (And you're no-one if you're not on Twitter, according to The Twitter Song.) Because the concept of the the Harvest Twestival is to bring together 200 or so twitterati so we can see the real person behind the avatar and the 140 character musings at Doon on Trafalgar Square. (If you're interested in mobile twitterers, then Emily Freeman recently outed a few of us on her blog as 'ones to follow' - thanks Emily!)

The music on the night will be provided by the Madhouse Collective who will be integrating requests from internet channels that have been set up. Kai Fish from the Mystery Jets will also be DJing an exclusive set on the night. (I'm liking the sound of this I have to say.)

All profits from the night will be donated to The Connection at St Martin-in-the-Fields, a community centre based in Trafalgar Square that works with homeless people. Raffle prizes have been donated by the lovely people at Twitter, Firebox.com, Thomson Reuters, ITV and Harper Collins. And the event is made possible by the generosity of its sponsors - UnLtd World, Huddle, Diffusion PR, Tactile CRM, Winston & Strawn LLP and Just Giving.

All in all, it's shaping up to be a good night. And I'm guessing that there'll be a lot of twittering about it later.

Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 am BST

    Tonight sees the Harvest Twestival in a venue off Trafalgar Square. But this goes beyond Twitter users simply getting to know each other - there’s a real conscience behind it.
    ====================

    Angelinjones

    Buzz Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sheer madness I know, but I saw from an earlier post that you were a fan of the Deborah Makepeace version of A Little Princess.
    I saw it when I was about 12 and I've never forgotten it to this day. I'm 45 now, so you can imagine!
    I've never seen a video of it, and maybe no copies ever made it to the states where I'm from.
    Have you ever seen any copies of it in the UK? Does it show up on TV at all? I felt bereft when that music box theme played for the last time and I'd love to see it once again.

    If you can help me, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @queenie
    I'd love to see it again too but alas, I don't think it's available anywhere. I've never seen it repeated on tv and there are newer versions of the story both in film and on TV now. Maybe the BBC will resurrect it in its archives (it was a BBC production if that's any help).
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:21 pm BST

    Thanks for the great posts! I'd be interested in following on Twitter if you permitted. My Twitter id is "NWGuy".

    I've worked a bit in mobile and am getting deeper all of the time. You're spot on about the TimberLand class action issues; a little steep if you ask me and my guess is that very few subscribers will actually apply and receive the $150. Of course the lawyers will likely get paid off the top of the entire potential reward.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.