Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Tanla Guide to Mobile Marketing and Advertising

If you're reading this blog, then the chances are you have some interest in mobile marketing, advertising and media. And if that's the case, then the chances are you'll find Tanla Mobile's Guide to Mobile Marketing and Advertising very useful. (At least I'm told that it's very useful and worth a look - it's hard to judge your own work).

I wrote the guide for them and it was launched at Mobile World Congress back in February this year. It also has contributions from other experts in the field including Mike Short, Tomi Ahonen, Daniel Appelquist, Gillian Kennedy, Russell Buckley (of Admob and Mobhappy fame), Ben Tatton-Brown from MedioSystems, Gerry Drew from Tanla Mobile, Steve Flaherty and Jessica Sandin.

The content is based on the training courses I've been running for the last few years for the IDM, e-consultancy and the University of Westminster and covers everything from SMS to Mobile TV and discusses the implications for marketers.

The guide is available as a pdf download from the Tanla Mobile website slideshare*. There are a few hard copies available upon request. Just drop me an email to say who you are and where you are if you'd like a hard copy and I'll see what I can do.
*Update September 09: The guide was written in the Autumn/Winter of 2007 but I've had a few requests for it recently so I've put it up on slideshare for you.