Monday, October 24, 2005

upgrading to 3G

I'm a few months overdue a phone upgrade with T-Mobile UK. I've grown to love my K700i but I feel it's time to upgrade to 3G now that T-Mobile's 3G service in the UK has gone live at long last.

I'm in a conundrum though - which phone do I choose? At the moment, I have a few to choose from -

1. Sony Ericsson K608i
2. Samsung ZM60 (although I'd have to be persuaded to change to a clamshell, I do like my candybar phones)
3. Nokia N70 (not keen on Nokia's menus and filing system as I've been using Sony Ericsson phones for the last 4 years.
There is a LG phone as well, but I had such a poor experience with my Three LG phone, that I've given up on them so I'm not even going to consider it.

What do you think? I must admit, I'm veering towards the N70 because of its smartphone functionality and memory card slot. But the Samsung has longer standby and talktime. And the Sony Ericsson is very familiar. The SE will be a free upgrade but I'll have to pay a bit for the N70 (probably £100 ish). Should I wait for another phone that's about to hit the market that isn't on this list yet?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:52 am BST

    well i think they should ALL provide you with a phone gratis after such coverage. i'll provide the cheese plants for the photo backdrops, you provide the slender hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go for the Sony Ericsson handset. I have had one for the last three months from Orange and have to say that its a great improvement on my first 3G handset.

    The only thing that needed improving was the browser, and thanks to the guys at Opera I now have installed the mini browser which is great because it means no more Orange World as my portal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you digital evangelist. I think it's time I went into the shop and had a play with the phones and see for myself. Not least, because my lowly Sony Ericsson K700i is not working as well as it used to and the address book is now full.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.